Wednesday, September 18, 2013

5 Great Children's PIRATE books: What We're Reading




No Bath, No Cake!
by Matthias Weinert

This picture book is about a band of scraggly pirates that are invited to a birthday party. Yippee! But first the parrot insists there are things they must do. A cute story with a message about being yourself. I don't like that the word stupid was included a few times, but I switched it out as I read.







 
How I Became a Pirate
by Melinda Long, Illustrated by David Shannon

In this book a little boy is invited to join a pirate crew because he is such an excellent digger. After sailing through a story, they are forced to bury the treasure in an unexpected place.










Pirates Don't Change Diapers
by Melinda Long, Illustrated by David Shannon

This is the sequel to How I Became a Pirate. The pirates are back, but before they can talk about the treasure they have to take care of the baby. And pirates don't change diapers!









Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC
by June Sobel and Henry Cole

The pirates have to find all the letters for the captain. Or else!








Portside Pirates
by Oscar Seaworthy, illustrated by Debbie Harter

Published by Barefoot Books, this book has an accompanying video for the kids to watch on youtube. I loved all the bright and colorful illustrations and the repeating patterns throughout the book.

1 comment:

  1. I would also recommend Pirate vs Pirate illustrated by Alexandra Boiger. It is a gorgeous book! I'm so glad I found your blog. X Jane http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete