Saturday, November 10, 2012

What I Want my Kids to Know

what I want my kids to know


You are, and always will be, loved, no matter who you become or what choices you make. You derserve love. You will always have worth because you are a precious soul.

Does this mean there will be no hard consequences? No. But I promise I will not degrade you. I will not say, "I told you so." I will stand by you, because you are my child. I will always be in your corner.

I will love you, because all of us are worthy of love. I will forgive you, because I have walked in darkness and needed forgiveness. We all fall. We all fail. These moments are not what define you. What matters most is how you rise.

If you'd like a printable version of this, click here.


A few posts about parenting that spoke to me this week:



     May we let LOVE lead us.
     May we let generosity guide our actions.
     May we stand for what Christ stood for or rather stand with
     those whom Christ stands with. ALL.


This post is shared with Simple as That, Still Saturday, The Sunday Community, and Finding Joy (check out their buttons on my sidebar.)

7 comments:

  1. words to live by.

    new visitor and follower from friday favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And I imagine that HE would say the same thing to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny. I often find that the words I want to give to other people are the ones I most need for myself. Does that happen to you?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post and love the photo! :) Visiting from Simple as That...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Debra, glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so good. Love the picture too.

    Hope your Sunday is a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete