Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Gonna Be Okay

Journal for the anxious worrywart

I saw a link to this on Brene Brown's website and it just cracked me up. In case you can't read the tiny print the cover says,
"A journal to reassure myself when I am overwhelmed by the creeping sense of impending disaster and the all-encompassing fears both specified and vague that colonize my mind, body, and soul, all of which, from the completely far fetched to the sometimes probable, do me no good to contemplate and in fact make me miserable, and even though optimism may be un-self-aware and ill placed, I know I'll be happier as a blind fool than a clairvoyant apocalyptic."


Here's an inspirational inner page...

Journal for the anxious worrywart

just in case you were wondering about that. 

And I love this description from Nordstrom:
Reassuring and inspirational quotations pepper the pages of a notebook tailored for the anxious worrywart.  It's so perky, yet specific. Apparently there is someone studying all us worriers out there, and this was their brainchild product. They're pretty dead on. I have actually said, "Life kicks everyone in the teeth sooner or later." Not exactly a brick, but I think that's country-girl speak for the same thing.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Also "I know I'll be happier as a blind fool than a clairvoyant apocalyptic"-wow, really hits to the core of some of my fears. Reminds me a bit of your foreboding joy post-which was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forboding joy is everywhere! Like five times a day now I think, "Oh, there it is. Forboding joy!"

      Delete
  2. I love this too, and I think I need it. "fears both specific and vague that colonize my mind, body and soul..". Oh, my. That explains to a "t" what I am working on right now. Ridding my mind, body and soul of all that robs me of His peace. I do not want fears "colonizing" in me!! Love the quote. Oh, and I love your original, too, "Life kicks everyone in the teeth sooner or later." So true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it wasn't true huh! But I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with my vague and specific fears.

      Delete