Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Spring Wreath!

Last week I posted some of my favorite wreaths that I have seen, and here is my new wreath, sort of inspired by two of those! I purchase a wreath form at Michael's for 40% off and I had everything else I used at home so my total cost was $5.50. It took about 45 minutes to make, but that was with Bailey 'helping' me, so with less help I could have probably done it in 30.


I had some green fuzzy fur yarn that I bought on clearance a long time ago, so I used that. It is not as wispy so it is grass colored, but does not have that thick, lush look to it. I had a bunch of butterflies already cut out at home so I chose some of those and a few large and small prima flowers to mix in. I thought about covering the whole wreath in butterflies, but I didn't like the look of that so I just did a few. For the price and the time that it took I am very happy!


Linked to:
Keeping up with the Schultz Family February Round Robin
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap up Party
30 Handmade Days

8 comments:

  1. It is nice to have you join in for my Round Robin. Thanks for adding this fun idea. Have an amazing weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the 'grassy' yarn. Very springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love the fuzzy green yarn A LOT! Just popping in from the TT&J party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, all ready for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun...hard to believe spring is right around the corner!!!

    Thank you so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete