Monday, January 31, 2011

Microwave Pralines Recipe and Monday Meal Plan

I made these pralines during the holidays. I wasn't sure how they would turn out since I've never made pralines in the microwave but they turned out really well and it was so much easier than using a candy thermometer and stirring nonstop. I love that they have only 4 ingredients, but I do wish that any of these ingredients were good for you.
Ingredients:
1 lb. brown sugar
1/2 pint whipping cream
2 T. butter
2 cups toasted pecan halves
Stir brown sugar and whipping cream together. Microwave in 2-minute intervals until the sugar melts, stirring occasionally. The length of time will depend on the strength of your microwave, but mine took about 10 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir in butter and pecan halves. Stir vigorously until the mixture begin to thicken. Working very quickly drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper and let sit until firm. Makes about 36 pralines.

Monday Meal Plan

This is the last week that I had planned out, but we have a few meals from the previous weeks that we haven't eaten and my parents are coming in this weekend so I know we will eat out on one of those days so I think I will be able to stretch the schedule to last one more week after this one. That's longer I can prolong going back to Wal-Mart! Ryan went with Bailey today to pick up the necessary basics like milk and bread so we are set for a while longer.

Monday-Empanadas

Tuesday-Spicy Black Bean Soup

Wednesday-Roast chicken

Thursday-Potato soup

Friday-Chicken and bacon ranch quesadillas or chicken fajitas

Saturday-Peas, sausage, and cornbread

Sunday-BBQ chicken pizza on naan


1 comment: