Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

**I entered this LO in the Practical Scrappers challenge to use something you've had for over a year. I don't even KNOW how long I have had that background paper! Definitely more than a year. You can visit Practical Scrappers to see all the challenge entries.**

Today I thought I'd share one of the layouts I made during the Seeing Green crop last weekend. The challenge was to do a monocromatic layout using all green embellishments and patterned papers. I dug through all of my stash to find things that were green and then put together this LO with pictures of Bailey eating her goldfish. I liked these pictures because the green bowl goes with the whole "green" theme. I used some glittered letters for my title and sprayed glimmer mist onto my background paper. It is in a floral design, but it is difficult to see.





I used a Basic Gray doilie on the bottom of the layout. For the solid portion I turned the paper over and glimmer misted it with Olive. I cut out three of the flowers from the unused portion of the doilie to use as accents and layered on a light green Prima pearl swirl.






4 comments:

  1. Lol there is something hilarious about babies and dogs doing whatever it takes to get the job done. This picture series is great. Who cares if I have to put a bowl on my head that goldfish is going in my mouth! Get in there gold fish! Come on already! Fantastic. So glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this layout. I can relate to having design paper that has been sitting in my stash for well over a year. Thank you for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seems to enjoy her "goldfish". Lovely LO and love the green.

    ReplyDelete